It is important what you plan to on a first date. There are a lot of choices but the right choice is always tricky. So how do you decide on what to do and where to go? That is largely dependent on the woman you are trying to court. You need to be able to read her well enough to at least make a correct assumption on what she might like. There are certain general guidelines that you must keep in mind that are applicable for all women:
1. Remember never to go for any movies. You have to remember that the point of a first date is to get to know the person. You can’t do this while you’re both staring at a large screen.
2. Try and keep it simple. You’re not going to propose to her, so there’s no need to go overboard on the first date. Keep the first date fun, light, and romantic. You can’t go wrong with nice dinner and an evening at some museum etc. Such activities allow you ample opportunities to talk and get to know each other.
3. Never go Dutch. You will always pay for the date. There should be no questions about it. If she offers, just smile, and politely refuse.
4. Always walk her to the door. You want to see that she gets safely into her place, and it’s just plain polite. As you walk to the door, you can offer her your arm. It’s a good way to initiate body contact without seeming too creepy.
5. Kiss your date. There’s no rule on whether you should kiss on the first date. Just remember that women put a lot of meaning into a kiss, so don’t go for it if you aren’t planning on pursuing a relationship. You just risk confusing your date. If you want to kiss her, though, go for it. She might give you her cheek, but that’s alright. Just roll with it and play it like it was casual. There’s will be the next time. You can never go wrong with a hug. Don’t go into her house. First, don’t ask if you can come in. It’s just sleazy. If she asks, decline. It shows you’re a gentleman, and she’ll respect you even more. More importantly, it’s anticipation that creates sparks and hence, less is more.